Wrong Phone Number

The phone number on the verification process is not for my bank. It is a series of recordings wanting me to purchase a remote medical device. This is scary when I am trusting you on financial transactions. It’s almost like a scam!

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 15, 2024 4:42 AM

1 reply

May 15, 2024 4:50 AM in response to Daylily_3135

Apple does not supply the number. Apple is not a bank. Apple cannot verify an account that doesn’t belong to them. The number is what the bank has on its records for you or is supplied by the bank.

>>Adding additional verification

A card issuer can decide whether a credit or debit card requires additional verification. Depending on what’s offered by the card issuer, the user may be able to choose between different options for additional verification, such as a text message, email, customer service call or a method in an approved third-party app to complete the verification. For text messages or email, the user selects from contact information the issuer has on file.

A code is sent, which must be entered into Apple Wallet, Settings or the Apple Watch app. For customer service or verification using an app, the issuer performs their own communication process.<<

Card provisioning security overview - Apple Support

Wrong Phone Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.