Where should I repair my iPad's broken screen?

my ipad's screen is broke, most likely burnt as there were some marks before it broke, and i want to fix it. i'm wondering where i should go to fix my ipad, should i go to an official licenced apple repair shop or to a third party shop? i heard that parts of your device will not function if you don't use official parts at a specific repair shop. so if anyone knows, please tell me what would happen to my ipad if i replace my screen from a third party seller, and what restrictions would my device have. i may get a completely new ipad depending on the situation i find myself in and what the price for repair may be, thank you in advance for anyone who replies to the post. it's a 2019 ipad 7 with i believe 258 GB only WIFI

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 15, 2024 4:58 AM

3 replies

May 15, 2024 5:30 AM in response to Omarhas4444

Repairs are best performed by Apple or an Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - as only they have access to genuine parts.

As you correctly observe, repairs by independent repairers may cause some elements of your iPad to cease working - such as TouchID, FaceID or the iPad's cameras. If repaired by anyone other than Apple or AASP, you will forfeit all future technical and repair support by Apple.

You can establish eligibility and cost for an iPad repair by Apple in your region/country here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

For practical purposes, in lieu of repairing and returning your own iPad, Apple usually exchange the iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange is the same as would otherwise be charged for repair. Unless you have benefit of an active AppleCare plan, an out-of-warranty repair while expensive will be somewhat less than the cost of a replacement iPad.

However, given the age of your iPad, the relative cost of repair/exchange may be uneconomic. You might be better advised to consider putting this money towards the cost of a current model iPad - therefore benefiting from much newer and more powerful hardware with a longer potential support lifetime.

Where should I repair my iPad's broken screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.