Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Unable to create appleid at this time

No matter what I put in I cannot create an appleID on the website. I have tried on Cellular, On Wifi, On a different Wifi, Incognito mode, tried on multiple IOS devices and Windows Web Browsers and different computers. Changed Phone number, tried another email address, birthdate. No matter what I cannot create a new appleID. This is super frustrating.

iPhone 15

Posted on May 15, 2024 7:36 AM

3 replies

May 15, 2024 9:15 AM in response to rmanndh1234

You don't exactly tell us what error messages it is producing but I am suspecting it mentions "at this time".

“At this time" is a recent and unfortunately somewhat vague Apple catch-all error message. It could mean that you cannot connect to the Apple service you need to use, or it could mean there is something wrong in your information entry (but it doesn't tell you what exactly), and once you correct that, _then_ it is the right time. ;-)

Check if the problem is at Apple’s end of things and if there’s an issue with Apple's servers: Apple - Support - System Status

Check what you are doing is valid (such as when creating an account all your information is consistent for the country in which you are creating the account) and has all the information required. Confer with Apple's documentation about the action you are trying to do. If you still have problems, contact official Apple Support:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

May 15, 2024 12:05 PM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the reply. The error is exactly "Unable to create appleid at this time" so for every appleID I have tried to make regardless of which email I use or how I try to create it (ipad, iphone, Windows OS using Chrome or Edge) or whatever information I give - I get this error message. Apple support does not tell me why it is happening and only says "We will submit a feature request" or something to that affect and then they say "Try again" after they make some kind of change of which they "aren't allowed to tell me" and then I can create the account after their magical change. I shouldn't have to call apple support to create an appleID, and if reaching out to support each time is now what they want us to do then why make signing up online an option at all?

Unable to create appleid at this time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.