How to remove items from Recently Played in Apple Music

How can I remove items from Recently Played in the Apple Music app?

If a user listens to something accidentally, or if a user listens to something they do not appreciate, it should be possible to remove it from "Recently Played" instead of being confronted with that album cover every time they look at the "Recently Played" section.

This seems like a very basic requirement for a user-controlled playback environment.

Before you start another canned response, this is not about "History" on a single device. This is about the "Recently Played" section of the Apple Music app on any platform. I don't get why people are so committed to posting unhelpful links to irrelevant help topics. Are they bots? Is there some compensation scheme for posting links? Well, don't, unless you can actually make this happen, ok?

--

Oh look - this is the same as my earlier post, but it's been helpfully locked by the "Community". Apple doesn't care about its users (anymore), but I'm posting again anyway. How to remove items from Recently Played … - Apple Community

Posted on May 15, 2024 7:47 AM

2 replies

How to remove items from Recently Played in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.