I am having issues with the battery on my iPad Pro 5th gen

Hello Apple community, I have a problem with the battery on the iPad Pro 5th generation. Even if the battery life is tragic, the Apple diagnostics show nonsense. According to the results of the diagnostics, the battery condition improves with use. Two months ago it was 82 percent healthy, the next month the condition improved to 83 percent and last Friday even 84 percent.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 15, 2024 9:07 AM

6 replies

May 15, 2024 10:22 AM in response to zgercik

Given your description concerning Apple diagnostics, you have presumably already sought assistance from Apple.

If not, would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to offer assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

May 15, 2024 3:06 PM in response to zgercik

We have a iPad 5 we bought right before they were discontinued in 2018. In 2020 its battery runtime plummeted, then it toggled between 35 and 80% health with no improvement in runtime. On full charge it ran 13 minutes. Things fail.

I elected to use Apple's mail-in battery service and had the replacement iPad back in 6 days, including two weekend days. That was four years ago and the current battery still has excellent runtime and 90% health. Sometimes you get a lemon. The first battery had a problem; the second is performing to expectations

It turns out that in older iPads, the settings for the item do not include data on the health of the battery, as in the iPads that started selling today..

And older cars do not have forward-assist radar like newer cars.

I don't think anything good about apple anymore,

Your opinions are your right but you are not addressing Apple here, rather other end users just like you. Apple will not see your displeasure here, and we don't process complaints.

If you wish an Apple employee to see your concern, I invite you to use this feedback link:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

May 15, 2024 10:41 AM in response to LotusPilot

again, I looked for help on the apple helpline. I described the result. The service showed the same diagnostic results and could not show anything else because it uses the same diagnostics as online support. I would like to know how it is possible that the health of the battery improves instead of logically expecting it to worsen. The most important thing is that neither Apple nor its contracted services want to solve the problem because, according to them, the battery is in the Norm. The coconut battery utility showed a state of 75 percent. The utility provides correct results because when testing the iPhone 15 pro max, it showed exactly the same data as the phone shows in the settings.

May 15, 2024 10:49 AM in response to LotusPilot

I don't think anything good about apple anymore, I have spent several hundred thousand Czech crowns on their products. It is sad that if a person is one step behind the standard to enable a paid exchange of a tablet. And I just wonder what it is. It turns out that in older iPads, the settings for the item do not include data on the health of the battery, as in the iPads that started selling today..

I am having issues with the battery on my iPad Pro 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.