Is this forum bugged?

Sometimes when I am creating the thread, the “Tag your question> select your device” section does not have my devices listed?(the devices linked to my Apple ID)

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 15, 2024 9:50 AM

4 replies

May 15, 2024 2:11 PM in response to PichuWong

No, no monkey business.

The equipment function is supposed to key off the devices associated with your Apple ID (at appleid.apple.com)with you use to log in here. If you have multiple Apple IDs it breaks the system.

Even when only one Apple ID is involved, the equipment ID system has been on life support for over five years. Mine only shows my proper equipment about half the time and I have only one Apple ID. It's a hot mess.

As our knowing your equipment and its details are critical to your getting fast, effective help in this text-based setting, include the details in the body of your question so there is no ambiguity. Example:

"I have an iMac (27-inch 5k 2017; 16GB RAM; 2TB Fusion drive; macOS Ventura) that has started....."

The mods are aware and have made efforts fix its brokenness.

May 15, 2024 2:23 PM in response to PichuWong

Hi @Pichuwong-

So, there are two mechanisms for tagging that auto-populate: 1) a set of up to three buttons and 2) another potentially longer list if you click the link to choose another device.

I understand you are having an issue with these tagging mechanisms, but I’m not totally clear on exactly what the issue is. So I tried rephrasing your Q. =>

Are you’re saying that when you initiate a post, sometimes these mechanisms auto-populate with your devices and other times none of your devices are listed?

-or-

Are you saying that the device you want to select is not manifesting as one of the buttons (but you are able to find it by opting to choose a different device)?

If neither are correct, plz include more info and/or consider attaching a screenshot.

May 15, 2024 2:33 PM in response to Allan Jones

Allan Jones wrote:

Even when only one Apple ID is involved, the equipment ID system has been on life support for over five years. Mine only shows my proper equipment about half the time and I have only one Apple ID. It's a hot mess.

Oh, wow. Also, not surprised. 😆

Mine all seem to be listed, but took me a sec to puzzle out which devices it decided to grant button status to. (Hint: If i’m right, it’s def form over function. 🙄)

Is this forum bugged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.