Can't send group text with MacBook Pro error message: Phone number "not registered with iMessage"

I am on a group text with four friends. I don't have a problem texting on my iPhone, but when I try to text them on my MacBook Pro two of four recipients names are in pink rather than blue and I get an error message that the text cannot be sent because one number "is not registered with iMessage."

I would appreciate suggestions as to why this is occurring and how to fix it.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 15, 2024 10:23 AM

1 reply

May 15, 2024 1:36 PM in response to bobbegotka

bobbegotka wrote:

I am on a group text with four friends. I don't have a problem texting on my iPhone, but when I try to text them on my MacBook Pro two of four recipients names are in pink rather than blue and I get an error message that the text cannot be sent because one number "is not registered with iMessage."

I would appreciate suggestions as to why this is occurring and how to fix it.

your post tells you why "I get an error message that the text cannot be sent because one number "is not registered with iMessage."

Can't send group text with MacBook Pro error message: Phone number "not registered with iMessage"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.