Is there a way to permanently toggle floating quick notes in Stage Manager?

there is no way that i know of to permanently toggle floating quick notes. i would be grateful to anyone who can help me with this.

I use stage manager and whenever i open quick notes, my browser gets minimized and i have to manually change the setting every time to make the notes float. is there a way to make the quick note float permanently. if not how do i suggest this feature to apple for the next software update

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 15, 2024 11:02 AM

2 replies

May 17, 2024 10:55 AM in response to VenkatPrajwal

VenkatPrajwal wrote:

there is no way that i know of to permanently toggle floating quick notes. i would be grateful to anyone who can help me with this.

I use stage manager and whenever i open quick notes, my browser gets minimized and i have to manually change the setting every time to make the notes float. is there a way to make the quick note float permanently.

if not how do i suggest this feature to apple for the next software update

ref: Start a Quick Note on Mac - Apple Support

ref: Use Stage Manager to organize apps and windows on Mac

if it is not working as expected—you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Sonoma including bug fixes, security updates is macOS 14.5

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

May 19, 2024 7:41 AM in response to leroydouglas

i have no problem with starting a quick note or with stage manager. the problem i face is whenever i open a quick note , my open window(like a browser) gets pushed to the side. if i turn off stage manager the quick note gets covered by my window. there is an option(window > keep on top) that does exactly what i want, but i have to manually enable this option whenever i open a new quick note. i am looking for a way to toggle this option so that it is used by default.

i dont think this is a bug but would like to suggest this to the apple team

thank you

Is there a way to permanently toggle floating quick notes in Stage Manager?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.