Is it possible to track a missing Magic Mouse with a MacBook?

I can't find my Magic Mouse, however, my MacBook told me that it's out of battery and needs to be plugged in. Would the MacBook have been able to detect that if the mouse was left behind at a different location? Can I assume that it's somewhere in my house since the MacBook was able to detect it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on May 15, 2024 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2024 1:43 PM

You wouldn't have been notified if it was left behind. It is not one of the devices that the following applies to: Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

Here is one old post that has some information (that I haven't personally tested): how to find my lost apple magic mouse / m… - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2024 1:43 PM in response to mkterebecki

You wouldn't have been notified if it was left behind. It is not one of the devices that the following applies to: Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

Here is one old post that has some information (that I haven't personally tested): how to find my lost apple magic mouse / m… - Apple Community

Is it possible to track a missing Magic Mouse with a MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.