Unable to connect to any website in my iPhone mini 5G network

Hello everyone, I currently have an iPhone 13 mini and it is connected to the 5g network via WiFi, the problem is that I cannot connect to any website, it says there is no internet connection. All the devices I have work fine, so the router is not the problem. I restarted the iPhone and also activated airplane mode and it still doesn't work, the funny thing is that when I connect to the 2.4 network it works fine. Any ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7

Posted on May 15, 2024 11:11 AM

3 replies

May 16, 2024 2:45 AM in response to nestor203

5G refers to the fifth generation of cellular network technology. It's a wide-area network that uses cell towers to provide mobile internet access to your phone, laptop, or other devices. It offers much faster speeds, lower latency (delay),and the ability to connect more devices compared to previous cellular generations like 4G LTE.

5GHz, on the other hand, refers to a specific frequency band used by Wi-Fi routers. This band offers faster speeds and less interference compared to the more common 2.4GHz band used by Wi-Fi routers. However, the signal strength of 5GHz is weaker and doesn't travel as far as 2.4GHz.

Here's a table summarizing the key differences:

In short, 5G is for connecting to the internet on the go, while 5GHz is for creating a fast and efficient Wi-Fi network within a limited area.

Unable to connect to any website in my iPhone mini 5G network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.