How do I get my sound to come out of my AirPods Pro rather than my iPhone speaker?

Both earbuds quit after about minutes after starting. They're fully charged, but nothing I've tried will get them functioning. Sound works on iPhone or on my Anker external speaker, but not in the earbuds. And no, I haven't tried to operate the speaker and earbuds simultaneously. The earbuds are dead.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 18, 2024 4:40 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2024 3:08 AM in response to 2Lancet

If you cannot select your AirPods as airplay output device please reset them to see if the issues persist

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
    • If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
    • If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
  1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
  2. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*
  3. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

How do I get my sound to come out of my AirPods Pro rather than my iPhone speaker?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.