Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple increased the wait time from 24 hours to 13 days

My dad forgot his Apple Id's password, and despite everything we tried, Account Recovery was the last update. I used my own iPhone (although I hadn't added him as a family member yet), to reset his password, and the system asked a couple questions, and after code verification to my mobile and email, Apple finally said that I can reset the password in 24 hours. By then, I formatted the iPhone that he was using, by the help of iTunes. Even then , I did not try to reset the password, or try to login to Apple Id, which could totally block the Apple Id.

After 24 hours, the wait time was increased to 13 days, with a message as shown below.

You will be able to reset your password in 13 days
When it is time to reset your password, we will send instructions to ••••••••52. Apple Support cannot help to reduce your waiting period.
Didn’t make this request? Check for a confirmation message from Apple, which includes a link to cancel it. You will have received this via email or your Messages app

I hadn't made any purchase, so I dont have any credit card in file. But, why is Apple taking so long, to give back that account? I am willing to furnish any proof of ownership of the device. Also, the iPhone is locked to owner, so he cannot even access the device at all. So, all his office work related apps are locked.

1. Is it so, that Apple has useless security systems ?
  2. Also, do I need to wait longer than 13 days, because Apple systems can do whatever they want ?
  3. Also, what steps do I need to follow after 13 days (any heads up, and what not to do before this time)?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 10:29 AM

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 10:29 AM in response to AsishPC

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Apple increased the wait time from 24 hours to 13 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.