Roblox App Not Affected by Screen Time

Regardless of what I do, I cannot get Roblox to work with screen time limitations on my child’s account. He is using an iPad (7th Gen) with the latest update (15.2). Previously his account was on an iPad Mini (1st Gen, I think). I have tried limiting Roblox App individually, I have tried limiting all Games, and I have tried limiting all Apps. Besides the apparently untouchable Apple designated Apps, Roblox is the only other App that refuses to be limited. I have attempted these adjustment through the screen time settings on my own device and I have made them directly on his iPad. Neither method seems to have an impact. Any ideas or help are appreciated.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 4:27 PM

This is an issue. Roblox is the biggest offender of robbing my child’s personality. He gets short, he’s addicted, and he can’t put it down. Therapists say apps are responsible for impulsive behavior, Roblox and YouTube shorts are the worst. How do I tell my child he can’t use his iOS device for homework or speaking to friends, or calling us if he has any trouble or needs a ride? Because Apple can’t even create a protection for our children??? Apple, this is for you to fix please. Parents need your help navigating our children’s digital lives. Draconian measures unfortunately are the only resort. No tech.

84 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2023 4:27 PM in response to wyo_runner

This is an issue. Roblox is the biggest offender of robbing my child’s personality. He gets short, he’s addicted, and he can’t put it down. Therapists say apps are responsible for impulsive behavior, Roblox and YouTube shorts are the worst. How do I tell my child he can’t use his iOS device for homework or speaking to friends, or calling us if he has any trouble or needs a ride? Because Apple can’t even create a protection for our children??? Apple, this is for you to fix please. Parents need your help navigating our children’s digital lives. Draconian measures unfortunately are the only resort. No tech.

Jan 23, 2022 10:16 AM in response to kamote0628

Screen Time in general has proven to be very unreliable on my children's devices. The Roblox App seems to be the biggest offender as it routinely allows a bypass of Screen Time limits. All Apps are up to date, the iOS is up to date, and our devices are updated on schedule with new releases. This was the case at the time of original posting, and it still is. I have logged in and out of iCloud accounts and restarted devices multiple times, and on multiple days. I have also changed screen time limits and tried using multiple rules to get the same outcome (for example, a rule with a Roblox 1 hour limit as well as a rule for All Games limited to 1 hour). Regardless of the steps taken, my general observation is that nothing works beyond about 1 day. Because other rules seem to be dismissed as well, I'm starting to think the issue is at least partly with Screen Time. (YouTube.com and the YouTube App have a limit but they sometimes bypass the rules too). By far, however, Roblox is the most consistent offender as Screen Time seems to have almost zero control over this App.

May 21, 2022 10:26 PM in response to Pennysweetz

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

This is a continuous problem. It is still happening. My constructive feedback is that I have been to the help desk multiple times and no one has a fix for this problem. I have tried innovating and found absolutely no way to stop Roblox. It clearly has an hour glass, shows a 1-minute limit, but functions regularly after 1-minute on every pickup.

The only suggestion given (tongue in cheek) by a help bar person was to get rid of the phone entirely—but we cannot as it was obtained and functions primarily as a DME. As such, this screen time glitch is actually a medical issue.

My last post was deleted because it was “not constructive” (most likely because it mentioned class action?). I assume this post will be wiped as well for even containing the words, but this is the most constructive criticism I can muster.

I have reread the terms and conditions. This post does not violate any of the listed terms. However, the last term is quite Orwellian, and it allows any post remove for any reason. Is it 2022 or 1984 here?

Feb 1, 2022 9:30 AM in response to carrier_0710

Carrier_0710, unfortunately I have received no useful advice or help in resolving this issue. I've read other forums and this Roblox issue seems to be a problem for others as well. Quite honestly I'm pretty disappointed with Apple. They clearly "track" screen time and App usage without any issue, but they aren't able to "block" the same Apps when they hit limits. In my experience Apple's screen time is successfully blocking its own organic Apps when limits are reached. Why Roblox seems to be exempt is a mystery to me. I'm still looking for an answer, but will update if I find it.

Jan 4, 2022 4:20 PM in response to wyo_runner

Hi wyo_runner, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that Screen Time is not working on your child's device for Roblox app.

Is the app up to date?

You can use the article below as a reference.

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If yes, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Take care!

Sep 11, 2023 12:55 PM in response to wyo_runner

I have found a *roundabout* way of blocking Roblox whenever needed. Change allowed Apps age to 9+ (in Content Restrictions in Content & Privacy Restrictions) and Roblox disappears completely. It is a hassle having to do it, but when screen time limit kicks in and all apps (apart from bloody Roblox!) get blocked, might as well take the extra three steps and change app limit to 9+. And - voila! - Roblox can't be used.

Sep 8, 2022 6:07 PM in response to wyo_runner

Completely agree with your frustration & have the exact same issue. Internet provider modem/router is too watered down to let their end-users restrict sites easily (thanks Xfinity). I also think parents need to hold Roblox accountable since they are the makers of the app... I'm sure they are aware of this issue which makes me wonder if it is intentional.

Roblox App Not Affected by Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.