Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV App on desktop won't play from library

I've recently started having an issue where when trying to play purchased content from my library, that hasn't been downloaded, I just get a black screen. The screen can't be closed without quitting the TV app. However, if I go to the store page and play it from there, everything works fine. I tried moving to my laptop, however I get a similar problem there where a black screen comes up and then immediately disappears. I have played content on these systems before without a problem. My connection speed is ~600Mbps.

I've tried resetting the cache, warnings, and play history. I've also signed out and back in, restarted the computers, and reauthorized the devices. One system is an iMac 27-inch from late 2015 running MacOS 12.2.1 and the other is an M1 MacBook Air 13-inch from 2020 running MacOS 12.2.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:22 AM

Called Apple Support and figured out the problem. If anyone is having this issue, check your payment method on your account. If it isn't valid, it won't let you play from your library unless the item you're trying to play has already been downloaded. Once I updated the payment method, everything plays fine without having to download it.

To get to your payment method, go to the Account menu, select Account Settings, and then Manage Payments.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 10:22 AM in response to Calpran

Called Apple Support and figured out the problem. If anyone is having this issue, check your payment method on your account. If it isn't valid, it won't let you play from your library unless the item you're trying to play has already been downloaded. Once I updated the payment method, everything plays fine without having to download it.

To get to your payment method, go to the Account menu, select Account Settings, and then Manage Payments.

TV App on desktop won't play from library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.