Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay (Apple Wallet): differences and setting up with multiple credit cards?

Today, I was setting up a payment method via Mobile App. Let's say for example it was McDonald's (it wasn't).

The app asked me what payment method I wanted to use: Apple Pay or another method. I became confused at this point. I have about 5 credit cards within my Apple Wallet. Whenever I use any of them for a payment at a POS (Point of Sale) terminal, my iPhone says Apple Pay and that credit card I used.

Depending on my needs and acceptance, I use different payment methods setup on my iPhone. I do not have Apple Pay linked to my bank account, and I do not have an Apple Credit card.

To further elaborate, I needed to make an electronic payment on the spot so I didn't want to risk any issues so I manually entered one of the credit cards that I have stored in my [Apple] wallet.

As such, I'm confused what would've happened when I selected Apple Pay? Would I be provided an option to choose which credit card (payment method) I can use when setting up my Apple Pay profile on the app? And how would I go about changing it?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 8:13 AM

One card is the default card. That would generally be the one that was used.

See also:

Make purchases using Apple Pay - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Pay (Apple Wallet): differences and setting up with multiple credit cards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.