Apple Notes Dark Mode PDF Export

I only and only use dark mode when using my Apple Notes. However, when I'm exporting it or saving it as a PDF in a file it shifts to a light background. Q: How do I ensure that the background colour is reflected in the pdfs I make of my notes?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 1, 2023 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 5:20 PM

Exporting Notes (or other documents) as a PDF from the Print Options dialogue will always produce a document with dark text on a light background. This is behaviour is not configurable.

5 replies

Mar 5, 2024 10:30 PM in response to szatanica

I’ve tried reversing the colors, but somehow the values are messed up in relation to color.

I make a lot of art on the notes app (in dark mode) but the only consistent way of exporting I’ve found is just screenshotting and editing it back together. Which makes me wonder; why can’t we just export notes like we see them?

here’s an example; the pictures on the right were exported normally and then manually flipped.

Also, I don’t see a PDF option on my phone, is that desktop only?

Also also; it seems that exporting often creates these kinds of lines that weren’t visible, does anyone know why?

Dec 2, 2023 2:40 AM in response to EunoiaD

Exporting PDF doesn’t work at all at my end. I end up with 1-2 empty pages. Tried to export to other applications, but can’t find a free one, most are paid, so it kinds of defies the point, use free Notes and pay to export it… Can you share what did you use to export notes?

BTW, idea of reversing colors seem to be a good idea. Granted, a workaround but it seems it might be a way. But first I need to be able to export note at all :)

Apple Notes Dark Mode PDF Export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.