Apple Watch Keyboard Input Notification

what is Apple Watch Keyboard Input? Getting a message on my iphone to "Enter text on Apple Watch using your iOS keyboard. Press to type." I don't know what this means. It started today and I get it every time I look at my phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 8:49 AM

I get this notification every time I look at my Apple Watch. It only started today after I updated my iPhone and Apple Watch.

20 replies

Jan 14, 2024 3:52 PM in response to NurseJulie

I began having this issue today, after I used my watch to reply to a message. It seemed like the notification would occur about every 10 seconds or so. It wouldn't stop.

I saw on this thread that someone recommended turning off notifications of my apple watch.

I was about to do that, but there are some watch notifications I like to get.

I decided to restart my phone to see if that would work. It did not. Most likely because the notification originates from the watch.

So I did the next logical thing...I restarted my watch. BOOM!

Problem solved!

I hope this helps someone. :)

Aug 27, 2023 12:49 AM in response to NurseJulie

That’s the point here, not what they are, but why are the notifications popping up all the time?

Clearly an Apple bug, hopefully it will be fixed soon & that starts with acknowledging it is a s/ware issue! I have same problem, notifications popping up on the phone all the time when not doing anything with my watch or even wearing it. Turning off notifications is a temporary solution not a real fix.

here’s hoping…

Sep 10, 2023 6:09 AM in response to NurseJulie

I had this problem of getting the notifications. I powered off my watch by pushing the round button and the button below it, at the same time and holding them. And then I pushed the round button again to turn it back on. I also noticed my watch was a little bit wet from washing my hands recently. So I tried to suck out any water that was in the buttons. Problem appears to be solved, I have not gotten a notification since.

Apple Watch Keyboard Input Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.