AirPods 3rd Gen keeps disconnecting when volume is too loud.

just bought another pair of 3rd generation AirPods today and having the same issue I had with my other pair. I listen to a lot of heavier music and soon as the volume is maxed out and the song starts to get loud one or both the air pods disconnect.(the song continues to play afterwards.) I thought my old pair was faulty but I just got another pair today and having the same issue. Also tried another iPhone and it does the same thing. Also does it on Spotify as well because the technician on the phone thought it was Apple Music. I don’t see anyone talking about this so it’s driving me nuts.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 3:33 AM

these AirPods are not the pros so I don’t have ear tips.

6 replies

Aug 2, 2023 5:40 PM in response to Tdicarlo

Tdicarlo Said:

"AirPods 3rd Gen keeps disconnecting when volume is too loud.: just bought another pair of 3rd generation AirPods today and having the same issue I had with my other pair. [...] I don’t see anyone talking about this so it’s driving me nuts."

-------

Use Ear Tips:

Seems bass is getting up there, and, as a result, they keep falling out. So, use ear tips to prevent this: Choose your AirPods Pro Ear Tips and Use the Ear Tip Fit Test - Apple Support

AirPods 3rd Gen keeps disconnecting when volume is too loud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.