Finder Favorites Keep Disappearing - Thread Revival

Every so often (~3 weeks), all of the favorites in my Finder sidebar disappear. There is an older thread on this that has died, so I am reviving it.

Deleting plists is not a solution, not for something that keeps happening. This is something that Apple must fix.

The prior thread seemed to pin the problem on folders used by Google Drive. I do not use Google Drive. I do however use Dropbox. Many of my favorites are Dropbox folders, but others are not. They all disappear and I have to re-add them one by one.

If Apple cannot fix this problem, how about showing us how to write a script that will add them all back in. I don't mind running a script in the absence of a real fix, but I do mind having to one by one recreating my sidebar, which has about 20 favorites.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 9:42 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 5, 2023 4:52 AM in response to svenyonson

The sad facts are >>

1 - At this stage in the Development of Monterey - about the only updates that will be presented will be Security Updates

2 - Using a Third Party Service like " Dropbox " or some other Third Party Service on the Apple Eco-System - the two do not always play well with each other

3 - It may not be necessarily an issue with Monterey 12.6.8 but rather an issue of how Dropbox integrates into macOS 12 Monterey or for that matter Does Not.

Finder Favorites Keep Disappearing - Thread Revival

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.