Apple Watch 9 does not connect to Verizon Cellular

I am unable to connect my brand new Apple Watch 9 to Verizon cellular via the app. I contacted Verizon and they were unable to connect my Watch to the network. They are currently working on it. Has anybody had the same issue? How did you fix it?

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 10:48 AM

Anyone who is currently experiencing this issue still, This was happening to me and I found the issue to be that I had screen time restriction on web content that needed to be turned off for the watch app to accesss Verizon.com to activate cellular service.

14 replies

Apr 10, 2024 6:57 PM in response to nicolesara294

I hope you ended up getting your issue resolved since it’s been a couple months. We have been going through the same thing for the last 3 days- Apple said it was on Verizon, Verizon said nothing was wrong on their end and to take the watch back to Apple for troubleshooting..I ended up finding this post from 2017 and it worked! 3 days and so many hours wasted, but so thankful to have found this post below.

May 9, 2024 7:09 PM in response to jay082

This solved my problem. Go into Settings / Family / "Family Member" / Screen Time / Content & Privacy Restrictions / Content Restrictions. Then under Web Content, allow all websites. After that the watch will be able to connect to Verizon and once it is working you can re-enable the Web Content Restrictions. Thanks, Jay082!

Oct 1, 2023 12:57 PM in response to tony_1968

Hi there tony_1968,

You'll want to start by making sure you've followed the guidance below:

Before you start
* Make sure that you have the latest software on your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
* Check for updates to your carrier settings.
* Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier,* and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch.
* If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company or carrier to see if they support this feature. Pre-paid accounts and some older accounts aren’t currently supported. To make sure that your account is eligible, contact your carrier.

Then, work through the additional steps here to set up cellular service on your Apple Watch: Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you've already contacted Verizon and this is something they're working on, you'll likely need to continue working with them to find a solution.

Take care.

Mar 20, 2024 9:19 AM in response to tony_1968

Having the same issue connecting to my Consumer Cellular account. Keep getting error message when I get to the set up for my E911 address. "AttWearablesProxy591000: UnknownAttWearablesProxyError (Create E911AddressFailed). Have tried multiple variations of my home address with no success. Also unable to access my Consumer Cellular account. Have contacted their customer service multiple times and have spoken with at least 6, 7 or 8 different people with no success on either issue. They sent me to a Target store to talk to a tech person there and the first thing he said to me was that "He wasn't familiar with Apple products." He had to call customer service at Consumer Cellular and had no better results than I did. I have changed my CC password several times and still unable to access my account information. The last person I spoke with suggested I contact Apple support. Today their website is down! Getting beyond frustrated!!

May 9, 2024 7:11 PM in response to jay082

This solved my problem. Go into Settings / Family / "Family Member" / Screen Time / Content & Privacy Restrictions / Content Restrictions. Then under Web Content, allow all websites. After that the watch will be able to connect to Verizon and once it is working you can re-enable the Web Content Restrictions. Thanks, Jay082!

Apple Watch 9 does not connect to Verizon Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.