Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can I redeem a code for 3 months free of apple iCloud to upgrade my storage plan?

I bought a macbook and received an email to enjoy up to 3 months free of Apple iCloud by redeeming cod, but I can't seem to redeem code when I go in to manage my storage plan. Can you please tell me how to use this code to get my 3 free months

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 6:23 PM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2023 11:28 AM in response to GrowthMindset

Hey GrowthMindset,

If you received a code to redeem, you should be able to do so via the App Store.

See more info here:

Redeem a gift card with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Find the 16-digit code on the back of the card. For some gift cards, you might need to peel or gently scratch off the label to see the code.
2. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the App Store app.
3. At the top of the screen, tap the sign-in button  or your photo.
4. Tap Redeem Gift Card or Code. If you don’t see Redeem Gift Card or Code, sign in with your Apple ID.
5. Tap Use Camera and follow the instructions on the screen. If you have trouble redeeming the card, tap Enter Code Manually, then follow the instructions on the screen.
6. Tap Done.
Can't redeem your gift card?

In the United States, when you redeem a gift card to your Apple Account balance, the balance might appear in Apple Wallet.
Learn more about using Apple Wallet

Cheers!

Oct 8, 2023 5:49 AM in response to GrowthMindset

Hey there GrowthMindset,

The steps to redeem from your MacBook can be found here:

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card - Apple Support

"Redeem a gift card on your Mac

1. Find the 16-digit code on the back of the card. For some gift cards, you might need to peel or gently scratch off the label to see the code.
  2. On your Mac, open the App Store.
  3. Click your name or the sign-in button in the sidebar. 
  4. Click Redeem Gift Card.

Mac showing the Redeem Gift Card button in the App Store.

7. Click Use Camera and follow the instructions on the screen. If you have trouble redeeming the card, enter your code manually.

Can't redeem your gift card?"

It can be redeemed even with an active subscription. The next time you are billed, the credit from code will be used first and any remaining charge will be charged to the payment method on file.

If this is a code not provided by Apple, you'll need to reach out to the seller for instructions on how to redeem it.

Kind regards.

Oct 7, 2023 10:10 PM in response to DerekM87

Thank you for your reply. I understand that you can normally redeem a code through the app store app, however, being that I already have a current plan for storage, it is not letting me use the code to upgrade. There does not appear to be a way to use this code unless I am starting from scratch without a plan already in place. Can you please be more specific on how I would redeem a code I received through my macbook purchase to upgrade my EXISTING and current plan? I appreciate your timely response to this matter as I would like to use the free 3 months I received from my purchase and then I will maintain the payment option when the free offer expires. If there is not a way to upgrade my current plan, I would appreciate that clarification as well.

Thank you!

Can I redeem a code for 3 months free of apple iCloud to upgrade my storage plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.