Touch and Hold to Change Wallpaper Unresponsive

Hi,

Over the last few weeks my iPhone (14 Pro running iOS 17.0.3 Stable) is not responding when I touch and hold on my lockscreen to change wallpapers. I've shut down my phone by holding the power button and my doing volume up, volume down, and then power button. Haptic Touch works perfectly everywhere else BUT my Lock Screen. I doubt it's a hardware issue because again, it works fine any time else. Is there any way to resolve this? Cheers.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:22 PM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2023 3:34 PM in response to Maramals

Hello Maramals,

We would like to see how we can help you with changing your wallpaper from the Lock Screen. Do you currently have Face ID set up on your iPhone? Check out the steps in this link for more details: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

"Change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen

1. Make sure that you previously set up Face ID on your iPhone. To change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen, Face ID must clearly see your eyes and the areas around them.
  2. On the Lock Screen, touch and hold your Lock Screen to open your wallpaper gallery.
  3. To select a wallpaper you already created, swipe left and right. To add a new wallpaper, tap the Add button ."

Get back to us with these details so that we have a better understanding of the issue, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Touch and Hold to Change Wallpaper Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.