macbookpro m3 pro crashing daily

Hello, I received my new macbookpro a week ago.

In the mornings when I start my work, I find that the mac crashed overnight and it is waiting for my password so that it can boot up.

I use an external monitor (LG UltraFine Display Ergo 32UN880) in mirror mode and which is connected to the mac via USB-C. The mac's screen is always kept close.

I am up to date with all updates.

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 12:45 AM

I have no external device but I experience daily crash too

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 25, 2023 10:49 PM in response to AubseyN

@aubseyN, I have until Jan. 20 to return the mac for a full refund.

I'm planning to use this time to conduct a few tests. For example, use the HDMI connector instead of the USB-C. This is a workaround of course, because I prefer USB-C as it also serves as charging the macbookpro, but at least I'll have a temporary solution until (I assume) apple will correct the issue with a future update.

i will update this thread with my findings.

Dec 5, 2023 12:47 AM in response to alonjr

A quick update ...

I can now discard a wild guess that perhaps the USB-C connection of the external mirrored monitor to the macbookpro was the issue. The mac continued crashing daily despite switching to HDMI connection between the mac and the external monitor.

I also visited apple genius bar and they recommended that I return my macbookpro and purchase a new one. that is exactly what i did yesterday.

thanks

Alon

May 15, 2024 8:08 AM in response to alonjr

I got my MacBook Pro M3 back in November of 2023 and hooked it up to a new LG UltraGear monitor right away. It is connected via HDMI. I do not recall any issues with it until after the last OS update where I found it to be crashing over night every night. I tried multiple troubleshooting attempts but finally found that my MacBook will only crash if the LG monitor is attached. It does not matter if the MacBook is open or not (I normally keep it closed and only use the LG Monitor as my display). I recently took a weeklong trip and left the MacBook at home. The monitor was disconnected from it and left the MacBook running and open and it did not crash that entire week. I did open a up a bug report with Apple regarding this as well as send them a daily crash report. I am hoping that this is resolved with the next OS Upgrade.

macbookpro m3 pro crashing daily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.