Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Icloud backup next backup has a bug in ios 17.2

Theres definitely a noticable bug in the icloud when you go to manually back up your phone on ios 17.2. It seems like nothing but I noticed it. When you go to settings>your name at the top>icloud>manage settings>backups>click your iphone device>backup size>under next backup size IT SAYS LOADING......its like its frozen there. Theres no workaround it. Im hoping they fix it before christmas with 17.2.1 Christmas is only 2 weeks away so I would think theres another update either Friday this week or Monday next week before apple goes on christmas break

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 11, 2023 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 7:45 AM

I have the same issue. I got a warning that I was getting close to the limit on my iCloud space because of backups, so I offloaded a lot of photos to my laptop. I want to see what the next backup size will be now and it just says "Loading..." forever. When will this be fixed?

8 replies

Dec 24, 2023 6:41 PM in response to countrylizzard

Yeah itˋs the same for me as well on iOS17.2(.1). On multiple devices as well as different iCloud accounts.

Also the iCloud backups have a glitch somewhere in iOS17/iPadOS17 as they are excessively larger than on iOS16/iPadOS16 or 15.

For example, I have my iPad Pro 11 M2 for like 2 years now and basically just use it for web browsing. On OS 15 and OS16 the iCloud backup was about 500MB. Now on OS 17 the „next backup size“ (when it was shown before 17.2) is like 6GB or something, so I canˋt backup the iPad anymore on the 5GB iCloud plan.

The same goes for an iPhone 13 Pro on another iCloud/Apple account.

I just can‘t figure out what the cause for this is as the backup size of all the apps to be included in the backup just don‘t sum up to this size. I also don‘t have large videos or files or anything on the iPad. My only imagination would be that the backup now wants to include cache data of certain apps (maybe video or music streaming apps like youtube or spotify), but also these apps don‘t take up that much space locally on my iPad.

Interestingly the backup size from the switch from an iPhone 13 Pro backup to an iPhone 15 Pro didn‘t increase the backup size much on the iPhone 15 Pro and I have way more data on my iPhone than on my iPad.

Icloud backup next backup has a bug in ios 17.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.