Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Vision Pro "input temporarily not connecting"

I receive the message in the title when using the remote virtual display (RVD) feature of the AVP to connect with my Mac Studio (MS). Some observations/conditions. The keyboard and trackpad used to control the MS via the RVD are Bluetooth'ed to the AVP. I can only establish the RVD with the MS when the AVP is within 2 or 3 feet of the MS. After initially establishing the connection, the AVP can be moved at least 20 feet away from the MS while maintaining solid/lag free visuals and control of the MS. However, after about 1 minute, the message above is displayed over the RVD and the keyboard and trackpad are no longer able to control the MS, but can still control native AVP apps. Control of the MS via the RVD can be reestablished by bringing the AVP close (within a few feet) to the MS. Issue is very repeatable.

Similar albeit reverse issue occurs when the MS is instead Bluetooth'ed to the keyboard and trackpad. In this case, the message is still displayed after moving 20 or so feet away from the MS for a minute or so, though control over the MS is still maintained (and visuals are solid/lag free). However, control of native AVP apps via the keyboard and trackpad stop working. (i.e., push through edge feature of MS stops working)

I hope this is just a bug and not a feature. I would like to be able to remotely control my MS from various locations of my house and not be tethered to the MS.

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Feb 12, 2024 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2024 8:19 PM

The same issue on Mac Studio M2 Ultra

Similar questions

6 replies

Vision Pro "input temporarily not connecting"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.