Vision Pro lense flare / glare

I noticed major glare / flare / fogginess / blurry areas at the bottom of my visual field when I watch a movie and use the Cinema mode . This is more pronounced at night or in dark environments . This glare is not there when I watch an immersive video . It is crazy and it is a flaw that is bothering me . I cleaned my lenses , checked my fit did everything that I can and it is still there . I see it clearly in Cinema mode . I called Apple support . They were nice but not really helpful . They said to try to take it to the store but they are pretty sure it is a software issue . They said it might need a software update which they may push soon ? Anyone else experiencing this ? Any solutions !

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 1

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2024 1:20 PM

I was shocked when I read your post, because I said to myself when did I posted this because , it happened the same with me like you describe it , and Apple support, helped me with the diagenesis and everything in the hardware is good and they said just go to Apple Store to try different fits ( The problem is the nearest Apple Store is 12 hours flight ) and I hope it’s just a software issue 🙏🏼.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2024 1:20 PM in response to AlTubs

I was shocked when I read your post, because I said to myself when did I posted this because , it happened the same with me like you describe it , and Apple support, helped me with the diagenesis and everything in the hardware is good and they said just go to Apple Store to try different fits ( The problem is the nearest Apple Store is 12 hours flight ) and I hope it’s just a software issue 🙏🏼.

Feb 21, 2024 3:55 PM in response to AlTubs

This is an issue with how pancake lenses work. Light leakage or dirty lenses could be an issue, but more than likely your lenses are clean and you are seeing internal reflections within the optical lens assembly itself.

Example: In a dark room (no light leakage around the light seal), turn on a nighttime environment like Joshua Tree, then just scroll your home icons left and right. You can see the reflections of the icons travel across the surfaces of the lenses too. Depending on how high/low you position your head, the reflections will shift within the lenses to match as well.

There may be some variation from unit to unit on how much internal reflection exists, and each user will be bothered more or less by the issue. Many reviewers have noted phenomena if you search around. I experienced it to such a degree I wound up returning my AVP even though there are many things to like about it too.

Vision Pro lense flare / glare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.