How long is macOS Ventura Support?

Hi, I have a 2017 iMAC retina 4k with macOS Ventura, the question is when does macos Ventura update support end? Can I continue to use it?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2024 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2024 4:55 AM

Generally, Apple will support with Updates and Security Updates for about 3 years since the date of release.

In this specific case, macOS 13 Ventura was released Oct 24, 2022

Add 3 years to Oct 24, 2022.

Yes you can still use Ventura Now and even after the possible Oct 2025 cut off date

You may need to keep abreast of things on the Internet and be more vigilant when surfing the internet.

Otherwise just keep using Ventura until you decide to purchase new or newer computer that can run a more recent version of macOS

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2024 4:55 AM in response to brunetto73

Generally, Apple will support with Updates and Security Updates for about 3 years since the date of release.

In this specific case, macOS 13 Ventura was released Oct 24, 2022

Add 3 years to Oct 24, 2022.

Yes you can still use Ventura Now and even after the possible Oct 2025 cut off date

You may need to keep abreast of things on the Internet and be more vigilant when surfing the internet.

Otherwise just keep using Ventura until you decide to purchase new or newer computer that can run a more recent version of macOS

Mar 27, 2024 4:08 PM in response to chevy214

chevy214 wrote:

How risky is it to use a MacBook that’s no longer receiving security updates in this way?

Apple continues to provide security upgrade for years after the release of a new version.

Even so, there is no risk to speak of. That's misinformation spread by antivirus companies and social media influencers. The only way to get malware on a Mac is to install it on purpose. People do that so they can run pirate software or watch copyrighted streaming movies or sports. But they always have to bypass multiple layers of Apple security protection.

May 16, 2024 6:00 PM in response to brunetto73

Hello!! I need your support I have a MacBook Pro A1708 from 2017 running out of space SSD a long time ago, but I always delay any update of MacBook or upgrade SSD.. now I tried to open a few websites and always ask for update the browser (Safari or Chrome) and the minimum request is 10.13.8 macOS (mine is 10.13.6). No space to update macOS

I looked for upgrade SSD for 1 TB with 1/4 of price of a new MacBook 14” 1TB.. My big question is will be valuable to do only the upgrade of SSD and keep A1708?? One of my concerns is support and security for an older MacBook Pro.. I would love to keep my laptop because I prefer a lot 13” instead 14”

I will be attentive to your suggestions

How long is macOS Ventura Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.