Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Error "This Mac was unable to start a high performance connection ..."

I am trying to connect my Mac Pro M2 Ultra to MBP 16 M2 Max. Weirdly, I can easily start the connection in High-Performance mode, and it works for a few seconds, and after that just goes to message "This Mac was unable to start a high performance connection...".

Everything works as expected when I use Normal mode.

And just to clarify, I am connected with the Thunderbolt 4 cable between Mac Pro and MBP. Also, Mac Pro is on 10Gbps network, MBP on 2.5Gbps, and they are both connected to 6E WiFi. I don't see how much faster I can make this connection.

[Edited by Moderator]

Mac Pro (2023)

Posted on Mar 9, 2024 5:19 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2024 2:03 PM in response to outcoldman

Hi, I've the same problem, with error "This Mac was unable to start a High Performance connection to...", I'm trying to connect from a Macbook Air M2 to a Mac Mini M2 Pro. The problem is still present and started 1 week ago. Both macs are on Sonoma 14.4.1, but I can't relate the broken screen sharing with the update. I havn't find anything useful on logs or online

Error "This Mac was unable to start a high performance connection ..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.