Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

I can't share a items with someone in my family

Hi,

i have problem with my Find My functions. When I want to share a "items", I can only do it to people outside my family. In Family Sharing, after receiving a notification, the subject is not displayed.

A colleague of mine tested it among his family members and has the same problem.

When I kick out members, I add the item. When I add them back, the added item remains, the next one doesn't work again.

It looks like a system bug across the board. Do you have a similar problem?

I dealt with it for a very long time with support on the phone and we did not find any other solution than to remove a family member.

I don't believe I'm the first in the world...?

Thak you :)

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 5:39 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 15, 2024 5:42 AM in response to vladislavfromjihlava

Which items in particular that you are referring to is not clear from your post.

AirTags themselves can't be directly shared with family members or anyone else.

AirTags are tied to an Apple ID: When you set up an AirTag, it links to your specific Apple ID. This ensures you're the only one who can see its location and control its features.

I can't share a items with someone in my family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.