Apple watch not syncing music with iPhone

My apple watch has stopped syncing music with my iPhone. It won't update playlists. It won't update play counts. I've tried restarting. I've tried re-pairing. Very annoying. I like my apple watch to go running with, which is primarily why I bought it. But without being able to sync music, it's a pretty poor running watch.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 12:47 PM

8 replies

Apr 14, 2024 12:35 AM in response to sreback34

Same for me. I use it to run and I never had this issue with the 5 series apple watch. I upgraded to the 8 because of the usual apple charging bs. I'm using the iphone 13 pro that I've had for less than two years. A couple weeks ago something popped up on my phone saying my camera may not be an authentic apple product!?¿... I replaced my iphone 11 pro because it was popping up an"unable to download" (even though I wasn't downloading anything!)message every day that I couldn't get rid of, after less than two years of use...I am really starting to see that their products are designed with planned obsolescence so frustration leads to faster replacement. Sorry I know this isn't exactly helpful.

I unpaired and re-paired the watch yesterday, then reset my phone & only after that did my itunes finally update on the watch. I noticed the settings in my watch had "add playlists songs" toggled off. I turned it on and have to turn it on daily because it seems to turn itself off.

Hope your watch starts acting right. Super annoying .

Apple watch not syncing music with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.