Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Spurious Reply-to email addresses in Mail app after upgrading to iOS 17.4.1

I updated to iOS 17.4.1 last night. This morning my iPhone Mail app is inserting random Reply-to prompts whenever I read an email. The Reply-to email addresses appear to be completely random and have NOTHING to do with the original sender's email address.

I am afraid to reply to any emails on my iPhone and have resorted to replying on my computer by logging into my mail account using a Web Browser.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 6:52 PM

apple you need to fix this very serious problem. it's not cute or funny.

some of the people using your service deal in sensitive information. ios mail is adding completely random reply addresses. Not oK!!! Get your act together.

6 replies

Apr 21, 2024 6:48 PM in response to IPhoneUserSince2009

I’ve been experiencing the same problem! It seems to only happen to my Gmail address but mainly from personal emails, not from a business. But it is random or related to an alternative email send earlier to my Gmail. For example, I record an email from my vet, then from a friend, then I open the email from a friend and the reply to is the vet. It did seem to correlate with the latest update. Never experienced before this.

Spurious Reply-to email addresses in Mail app after upgrading to iOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.