Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Wife's name in App

When I start composing an email to my wife and I enter the first three letters of her name, I'm shown two addresses. The first is her correct address, but underneath that I see "Siri Found in Apps" and underneath that her name but an email address for someone else. How do I ether stop Siri showing me things like that or find out which app contains her name?

iMac 24″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 1:07 PM

7 replies

Apr 11, 2024 1:12 PM in response to MartinLiss

MartinLiss wrote:

When I start composing an email to my wife and I enter the first three letters of her name, I'm shown two addresses. The first is her correct address, but underneath that I see "Siri Found in Apps" and underneath that her name but an email address for someone else. How do I ether stop Siri showing me things like that or find out which app contains her name?

turn off Siri suggestions, see if that resolves the issue

May 9, 2024 8:25 PM in response to MartinLiss

MartinLiss wrote:

1. I still have this problem. Since I first posted this questions I've done two things but neither one helped.
I went to Apple Mail->Window->Previous Recipients and removed the incorrect address
2. In System Settings->Siri & Spotlight->Siri Suggestions & Privacy-> clicked the Mail.app and turned off both options.

Help!

Sort of a shot in the dark but it is possible that a cache is "remembering" what you want it to forget. Maybe try booting your Mac into Safe Mode (follow Apple's instructions for your specific model), which does erase some caches. Then restart and boot normally and retest.

Wife's name in App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.