Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

There’s an unusally large amount of packets sent on my MacBook Pro M1 with Sonoma

When switch vpn on MacBook M1 Pro on macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 it always send and receive quintillion packets, looks like huge ddos attack, so I reinstall macOS and this happens again

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 11:12 AM

Unless you're using a true VPN tunnel, such as between you and your employer's, school's or bank's servers, they provide false security from a privacy standpoint.  Read these articles:  FPubic VPN's are anything but public,, Former Malware Distributor Kape Technologies Now Owns a Number of Public VPNs and a Collection of VPN “Review” Websites and Security Risks: The Dangers of Using Free VPNs (eccu.edu).  

Just some food for thought.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2024 11:12 AM in response to 383bd03d

Unless you're using a true VPN tunnel, such as between you and your employer's, school's or bank's servers, they provide false security from a privacy standpoint.  Read these articles:  FPubic VPN's are anything but public,, Former Malware Distributor Kape Technologies Now Owns a Number of Public VPNs and a Collection of VPN “Review” Websites and Security Risks: The Dangers of Using Free VPNs (eccu.edu).  

Just some food for thought.

There’s an unusally large amount of packets sent on my MacBook Pro M1 with Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.