Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How can I replace bookmark button on iPhone Safari toolbar

I’m trying to switch from Chrome to Safari on my iPhone but it seems like all my primary tasks take twice as many clicks on Safari and it really slows things down.

I rarely add new bookmarks but that is one of the buttons front and center on the toolbar. Conversely, I constantly open new tabs while browsing but I’m forced to click on the tabs button and then find the “+” button on start page to open a new tab. It seems trivial but making this task take twice as long on Safari as it does on Chrome really adds up.

The bookmark button is useless to me and I need to swap it for a “+” button. Otherwise, I’m stuck using Chrome and can’t share links or passwords as easily with my Mac, reducing the benefit of using Safari on other devices.

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 11:17 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2024 3:49 PM in response to hrmpw

hrmpw wrote:

I rarely add new bookmarks but that is one of the buttons front and center on the toolbar. Conversely, I constantly open new tabs while browsing but I’m forced to click on the tabs button and then find the “+” button on start page to open a new tab. It seems trivial but making this task take twice as long on Safari as it does on Chrome really adds up.

You actually don't need to click anything. Simply tap and drag the address bar to the right to open a new tab automatically (can't be done from an empty Start Page). Additionally, you can switch between tabs the same way.

______

______

______

How can I replace bookmark button on iPhone Safari toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.