I received an email and want to know if this is fake or real?

I received an email from y***@orders.apple.com and saw a link in my orders to Apple

Is it a fake ? How can i know ?

Thanks

[Edited by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 1:04 PM

5 replies

Apr 29, 2024 1:11 PM in response to Tom2900

First, you never click a link in an email.

If you order something from Apple you can sign in on the site you made the purchase to find your order details.

If you received an email from anybody about an order for anything that you do not order, it is a scam. They want you to click a link or call a fake number that they provide. Once that is done, they will request your Password or other personal information to supposedly look up your order, but in reality you have just given someone else information to compromise your accounts.

Apr 29, 2024 2:25 PM in response to Tom2900

If anyone has the correct credentials, there's no way for the system to know it isn't you that's logged in. It's the same with stolen credit card info. If a person has your name, card number and the three digit code, any web site is going to assume the purchase is legitimate.

It's the most important reason simple, or easily guessed passwords should never be used.

I received an email and want to know if this is fake or real?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.