Change of Region while you still have apple funds in your apple account

I need help here...if someone can give me a resolution I would really appreciate.

So I relocated from India to Canada , and my country of origin on all my devices is still India because of which I am unable to download any apps here in Canada. When I try changing the country of origin in my Apple account, it says that I have a store credit which should be 0 and then only I would be able to change.

And unless I don't change, I cannot download any apps or use Apple Pay.

Apple customer care suggests me to use the store credit for unnecessary purchases like movies and songs, etc which I don't feel to waste my money like that.

I am just ****** off on Apple after 12 years of being an Apple user. I am just wishing that I should be able to move my apple funds back to my bank account.

Please suggest if there is any alternative solution to this or any way out.

Thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 9:24 AM

5 replies

May 9, 2024 2:06 AM in response to smita123

You’ll either need to spend it or if it’s not enough to purchase a product or service, you’ll need to contact Apple Support to have your account set to zero. If you’re in the US please call 1-800-MY-APPLE or outside the US, consult the support article below.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Change of Region while you still have apple funds in your apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.