Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Can I use iOS selfmade stickers from photos in Final Cut and how?

Hi I am using an iPhone to create Stickers from Photos for a music video project. (The project is going to be in Stop animation video files which I will import from another app into Final Cut). I would like to add the self-made stickers into that video in Final Cut and am hoping for some advice if that is possible, and if yes how to best import them. (and or if they need to be adjusted or will export without background)

Thanks !!

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 1, 2024 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 10:50 AM

Here is a simple example: I downloaded a dog photo from the internet, opened in Preview:

Chose the Remove Background command:

and boom...

Does this help?

8 replies

May 1, 2024 7:32 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Not really, I saved the Stickers, but then I cannot re access them unless I open messenger and try to send a message. According to some article Stickers should sync via iCloud and be available on other devices too but they aren't accessible from my Mac- not even in messenger. I'm seeing if I can maybe mail them from the iPhone. Airdropping would be wayyyy better, but I haven't found a way so far..

May 1, 2024 7:37 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

ok I tried to send myself a mail with the Stickers (from iPhone) , all you can do is literally write a mail use the markup menu- add a sticker - which then makes it a drawing and then share the drawing- (which is literally not a sticker then anymore..and kind of defies the purpose). So if anyone has any other ideas or if I missed something ^^ let me know please. thanks!

May 1, 2024 9:38 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

They are stills basically you press on something in the photo that you want to isolate - and it keeps that (erases the background) and saves it as a sticker.

If I then have to do the same in preview after export it's just extra work.

so maybe the better idea is yours to use preview on the Mac to make a sticker (well something with a clear background) there to then use in Final Cut Pro, would that work have you done this ? :) thanks !!

Can I use iOS selfmade stickers from photos in Final Cut and how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.