Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple payment date question

I saw a post on this site earlier saying a payment on the Apple card needed to be made by the 22nd to avoid interest charges, but Apple automatically sets up the payment date as the last day of the month…and I thought that would avoid interest charges if paid in full. Is the earlier post incorrect or does Apple intentionally try to get you to pay interest? Is there a way to have the payment automatically taken out earlier in the month? I have set up automatic payments and specified to pay the balance in full.

Thank you!

Windows

Posted on May 1, 2024 7:56 PM

5 replies

May 1, 2024 8:12 PM in response to JoA59

JoA59 wrote:

I saw a post on this site earlier saying a payment on the Apple card needed to be made by the 22nd to avoid interest charges, but Apple automatically sets up the payment date as the last day of the month…and I thought that would avoid interest charges if paid in full. Is the earlier post incorrect or does Apple intentionally try to get you to pay interest? Is there a way to have the payment automatically taken out earlier in the month? I have set up automatic payments and specified to pay the balance in full.
Thank you!

Hi, thanks for reaching to the  Apple Support Community! I would like to answer your question “Is there a way to have the payment automatically taken out earlier in the month?”

when you go into the Apple Wallet Apple and select your Apple Card, there is a button that says Make Payment - you can click this and make a payment early!

May 2, 2024 5:07 AM in response to MacMan1338

The most important question was whether it was true you had to pay by the 22nd to avoid interest charges. I also thought I read that paying by the due date (which is always the last day of the month) would avoid interest charges. That is a longer time than most credit cards give before payment is due. Which is correct?

Thank you!

Apple payment date question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.