Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Why does half my video clip go black when I add a Title Motion Blur to it?

I have downloaded numerous Motion Titles, and for some reason everytime I add the layer to my timeline half the selected clip goes black.... I have tried restarting the computer, 4-5 different Motion Blur Titles, Different clips, Different projects, and it still the problem stays the same.

It’s not that this is happening on my first project itself. It was working just fine a few days back with vertical timeline and footage’s. Almost everything is same but the problem suddenly popped up this time.

I’ve also updated both my FCP & Mac OS to the latest one just to be sure about any bugs.

What else can I do? Please help!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.1

Posted on May 2, 2024 12:23 AM

6 replies

May 2, 2024 3:54 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hey! That might be the case. But I found a way to fix that.

Before I began working on the project I had rotated all my clips in the finder and then imported into the FCP for easier workflow and viewing. That was the only thing I did differently than all my previous projects.

So I re-linked all my clips to original copy of the data (before rotating in finder). Now all my clips were horizontal in the timeline. After that I rotated all my clips to 90 degrees to fit the screen and basically get the same result I wanted.

Looks like I better rotate all my clip in FCP than any other software. Thanks for all the help though! Cheers! :)

Why does half my video clip go black when I add a Title Motion Blur to it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.