Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Strange animated .mov file glitch in Final Cut Pro X

Hey all,

I've just upgraded laptops from a MacBook Pro 2018, to MacBook Pro M3 2024 and am having a strange glitch with an animated .mov file. It's a logo that spins around on screen for a few seconds.

On my previous laptop the file seemed absolutely fine, but on the new one, the logo occasionally isn't transparent and has a black background, or some black lines appear on the logo as it spins, almost looks like a rendering issue (see screenshots).

I've tried deleting and re-downloading the file (it was made for me by an editor and sent via google drive), but with no luck. The strange lines and black background continue to appear and disappear as the animation is in motion.

Anyone experienced something similar?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 2, 2024 3:34 AM

3 replies

Strange animated .mov file glitch in Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.