HomeKit Secure Video Recorded Clip Shows Up Late

I searched the forum and web and have not seen this specific issue. I have four cameras, two Logitech, one Eve, and one Ecobee, all secure video cameras. I’ve had my Logitech Doorbell camera for over a year now and it has worked pretty well. Seems to miss some recordings (record with specific activity enabled) and doesn’t always notify me if the doorbell is rung, overall it’s been okay.

I recently added the other three cameras and now I notice (probably because I’m looking at it more often) that if I want to see the recordings from any of the cameras, when I open the camera feed in HomeKit on my iPhone or iPad, I’ll see the live feed and then the recording from the last time I opened the camera. In other words, it doesn’t show me anything that has happened since the last time I looked at it, even if it happened just a minute ago. I then have to close that feed, wait a few minutes and then open it again and presto, most of the time I can see what happened since the last time I looked. An example, I viewed the front yard camera feed before going to bed and it had a recording of me taking the trash out to the curb. In the morning when I looked for activity last night, all I saw was the clip of me taking the trash out to the curb. I closed the camera feed in HomeKit and then opened it again a minute or so later and then I had several clips of night time activity. It’s like the recording went to iCloud and deleted any remnants locally. Then when I open the camera feed it triggers HomeKit to download the thumbnail. I’ve tried using my AppleTV 4K as the controller as well as one of my HomePod Mini’s (unplugging devices to force the switch to the device I want to use) with no change.

Any thoughts on how to get it to display recordings right away?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 6, 2024 12:04 PM

There are no replies.

HomeKit Secure Video Recorded Clip Shows Up Late

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.