WHY DON’T U HAVE A DUGONG EMOJI?!

You have a whale, shark, dolphin but no DUGONG. Dugongs are very important to our society and we are astonished that you could not think of making one! They help show signs that seagrass is healthy which means seafood that WE eat to stay alive. DUGONG EMOJI #1! I WANT THIS MATTER FINISHED BY 28th OF MAY WHICH IS ACTUALLY INTERNATIONAL DUGONG APPRECIATION DAY!!!!!

Posted on May 6, 2024 2:41 PM

5 replies

May 6, 2024 2:46 PM in response to DUGONG_Society_PRESIDENT

Apple does not set the emojis. That is done by the Unicode Consortium. You can read all about the process here:

https://home.unicode.org

It would not make sense for each company to have their own emojis as they would not be compatible with any other device. That is why there is a third party that approves these emojis and the device manufacture just supports the latest set of emojis that they have approved.

May 6, 2024 3:15 PM in response to Kurt Lang

I just noticed your demand of May 28th. I guarantee, without question, that even if your submission is approved, the chances it will actually be included will be at least four years away.

Look at the list of emoji requests I linked to. Scroll to all the ones in yellow that are under consideration to be added. Most have been in that holding pattern since 2019.

So, this year? In just a few weeks? It will never happen.

WHY DON’T U HAVE A DUGONG EMOJI?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.