Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Failed reigstering runtime with CoreSimulator

I keep getting this error in xcode :

Registering simulator runtime with CoreSimulator failed.

Domain: DVTDownloadableErrorDomain

Code: 29

User Info: {

DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2024-05-07 14:53:06 +0000";

}

--

Registering simulator runtime with CoreSimulator failed.

Domain: DVTDownloadableErrorDomain

Code: 29

--

Cannot copy the image because the disk is almost full

Domain: com.apple.CoreSimulator.simdiskimaged.SimDiskImageError

Code: 14

--

System Information

macOS Version 14.0 (Build 23A339)

Xcode 15.3 (22618) (Build 15E204a)

Timestamp: 2024-05-07T16:53:06+02:00

I have a whole 19 gig of space left on that **** 256 Gig Mac you guys keep selling, plenty enough to install the iOS Simulator twice. Yet it keeps on failing due to "the disk is almost full". Did I mention that it still lets it live in some obscure folder deep in my drive, and downloads a new one every time I restart, eating away 7.23 Gigs of space every time for nothing ? Well it does.

Fix your **** please.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 7, 2024 7:57 AM

1 reply

May 7, 2024 1:17 PM in response to Feror

We’re other users and some here are third-party developers, and not Apple.

We’re not the folks selling Macs 256 GB or otherwise, and I doubt anybody posting around here would recommend acquiring one for development use.

If you did buy a 256 GB Mac for development, yes, you’re going to be managing that storage on an ongoing basis.

To identify storage usage, OmniDiskSweeper and GrandPerspective are two common choices.

Wipe it, reload just the development tools you need, and try again. Or offload more, and try again.

For development and mixed use on an Apple silicon Mac, I’d not go below 16 GB memory nor below 1 TB storage.

Failed reigstering runtime with CoreSimulator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.