My airpods 3rd generation are not producing any bass at all. It is like they are fake

my AirPods 3rd generation are all brand new and are not producing any bass at all. The sound is very good but there is no bass. Whenever I make changes from the settings, the AirPods are not complying as I can hear there is no change in the sound.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 3:03 PM

Have you bought them at apple or at an authorized reseller? Then there is no chance that they're fake, if there is no bass present I would go back to where you've bought them

If you've bought them elsewhere there is always a chance that they're fake, you can start by checking the serial number at checkcoverage.apple.com, but beware, fake AirPods can have real stolen serial numbers. If you really want to know if they're real or fake, have them examined at an Apple Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2024 3:03 PM in response to antonis35

Have you bought them at apple or at an authorized reseller? Then there is no chance that they're fake, if there is no bass present I would go back to where you've bought them

If you've bought them elsewhere there is always a chance that they're fake, you can start by checking the serial number at checkcoverage.apple.com, but beware, fake AirPods can have real stolen serial numbers. If you really want to know if they're real or fake, have them examined at an Apple Store.

My airpods 3rd generation are not producing any bass at all. It is like they are fake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.