Apple Pay stuck on "Could not connect to Apple Pay"?

My Apple Pay is not working on my mobile data. The internet works for other apps and things but it comes up with an alert saying, “Could not connect to Apple Pay. Make sure you are connected to the internet.” I have tired signing out of my Apple ID and back in. Turning my phone on and off and it is still happening.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2024 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 5:10 AM

Please follow this path,

iPhone > Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data for Primary > Apps by Name — Sort by Name > scroll down to Wallet, if it’s off please switch on and restart iPhone. If it’s on, please switch off, then switch on and restart iPhone.

Try using Apple Pay. You may also want to turn on cellular service for any related banking apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2024 5:10 AM in response to Tia-M

Please follow this path,

iPhone > Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data for Primary > Apps by Name — Sort by Name > scroll down to Wallet, if it’s off please switch on and restart iPhone. If it’s on, please switch off, then switch on and restart iPhone.

Try using Apple Pay. You may also want to turn on cellular service for any related banking apps.

Apple Pay stuck on "Could not connect to Apple Pay"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.