Downloading music

I have a MacBook Pro and I have an old iPod nano underwater listening device for swimming. I had old songs that I had purchased from about 10 years ago on there and I reset it back to default settings so I could add new music. I subscribe to Pandora which I know I cannot download that music as I didn’t purchase that music then I went ahead and took the free trial for Apple Music, I could listen to it, but I couldn’t download it and transfer it to my iPod, I know I need to go to the iTunes Store type in the search bar the name of the artist or song and then I need to go over to the three dots and purchase it.. First problem, when I click on the three dots with my MacBook Pro Keypad mouse it doesn’t say purchase or buy for $1.29 or $.99 etc.. I need to know how to figure that out and then I need to know how to transfer those purchased songs that I will put in a playlist onto my iPod nano. for some reason, I cannot purchase the tunes on iTunes and that’s the only purchasing station available to Mac users correct? thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 9, 2024 8:54 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 9:19 AM in response to Candyo61

Candyo61 wrote:

First problem, when I click on the three dots with my MacBook Pro Keypad mouse it doesn’t say purchase or buy for $1.29 or $.99 etc..

To purchase a song you need to click on the actual price button, not the ... 3 dots.

I need to know how to figure that out and then I need to know how to transfer those purchased songs that I will put in a playlist onto my iPod nano.

Once you have purchased them, and the have been downloaded to your Mac, you can sync the songs to the iPod by following the steps in the link below.

click here ➜ Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

for some reason, I cannot purchase the tunes on iTunes and that’s the only purchasing station available to Mac users correct? thank you

Incorrect. Macs can purchase songs from other places besides the iTunes Store. Places like:

The Amazon Dgitial Music Store: https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/dmusic/digital-music-album/ref=zg_bsnr_nav_dmusic_1

qobuz: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop

And a few others.

But iTunes is still the easiest way to do it.

Downloading music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.