Red voice indicator in imessage

On both of the phones on my plan in iMessages ONLY when my data is off the red voice indicator stays on, on every contacts messages in my phone (and even numbers not in my contacts) however upon turning the data back on the text box returns with the microphone, I have never used this service and when I press on the message box to type (when my data is on) I get the permissions (which I would expect as I’ve never used it) but turn off the data and the box then has the red indicator AND lets me record … I’m confused any ideas?

Posted on May 9, 2024 12:46 PM

1 reply

May 10, 2024 3:04 AM in response to Mi-Cwd

This has nothing to do with disabling or enabling data on your device.

iPhones keep track of your recent actions in some apps. In this case, even after you delete an audio message, the message icon might still show because the iPhone remembers you just sent something. This icon will disappear once the app refreshes the conversation.  However, if you use the microphone icon on the keyboard to record a new message instead of selecting an existing one, the icon will update immediately.

See the pic below.

Red voice indicator in imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.