Why has my Apple ID been locked?

What’s happening here? I need a full explanation. How do I go about finding out what is going on and why?

Now that Apple ID is used across the board having this happen with zero explanation or recourse is a major catastrophe.

I would really appreciate any help as this is a critical situation for and huge interruption, impacting more than just me.

Posted on May 9, 2024 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 2:14 PM

There have been random instances where it is necessary to log in to your Apple ID, and usually change the Apple ID password. I’ve enquired via the forum hosts, and they don’t know either.

12 replies

May 9, 2024 2:09 PM in response to Jeff Donald

On two Macs.

It’s happened now on another computer with a Ventura system. I was updating the system and after reboot I had to update my Apple ID information. Why would it have to update the Apple ID information after an OS install. That makes on sense. The system was fully logged in with my Apple ID and the system was updated. It shouldn’t need further verification on the same system.

Why has my Apple ID been locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.