Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Ipad Trade In

I have an older Ipad mini, it works fine and there is no damage to it. The problem is it only works while its plugged in. There is no swelling of the battery but as soon as its unplugged it dies within seconds. Is it still eligible for trade in? I chatted with support but could not get a straight answer. I dont want to go through the process just to find out its not worth what they quoted me. Can anyone help answer this question? Thanks!

Posted on May 9, 2024 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2024 1:13 PM

Well, we are end users like you so cannot give you a "straight answer."

What we know is in this Apple article:

Apple Trade In - Apple

which also has a value estimator where you answer questions about the condition of your device before getting the estimate:

Based on other posts here, a dead battery is likely to produce a "no trade-in value" and give you instrucitons for Apple recycling.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2024 1:13 PM in response to gm429

Well, we are end users like you so cannot give you a "straight answer."

What we know is in this Apple article:

Apple Trade In - Apple

which also has a value estimator where you answer questions about the condition of your device before getting the estimate:

Based on other posts here, a dead battery is likely to produce a "no trade-in value" and give you instrucitons for Apple recycling.

Ipad Trade In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.