I tried to send a screenshot, it wants to send an unwanted link

IOS 17.4.1. I make a screen shot and a different function pops up before I can direct the picture to anyone. If I click on the new function, it creates a link. I do not want a link. I want a picture. I cannot even save the screenshot to photos. I moved to a different page and made a screenshot and tried to send it. If offered the opportunity to save the shot to photos. I save it and then went to photos. It had save the previous screenshot, not the one I had just taken. At least I got the shot I wanted and was able to email it but this is crazy behavior.

iPhone 14

Posted on May 9, 2024 1:44 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 2:06 PM in response to privettas

Here is the screenshot sequence:

Take a screenshot on iPhone - Apple Support

When triggering the screenshot, you should then get a small icon in the lower left showing the screenshot.

You can either swipe it off to the left to save it to photos, wait for it to time out and save to photos, or tap on it to bring up various tools.

Once you have that icon showing in the lower left, or once you have allowed the icon to time out and slide itself off into the camera roll, please tell us what you are then doing.

I tried to send a screenshot, it wants to send an unwanted link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.